Finally we can stop writing about what ifs and focus on the season ahead of us. Before they could put the ball on the ground and start practicing, teams had to go through Media Day. Below, the most important points from each team.
- The Sixers started Media Day with some bad news: Andrew Bynum still hasn’t recovered from his knee injury. Bynum has a bruised knee and will require more rest. Somewhere, Lakers fans laugh.
- Mike Moore will be a part of training camp.
- Doc Rivers said the Celtics will play small ball whenever possible. He hopes this will take advantage of mismatches.
- With the addition of Jason Terry, Chris Wilcox, Courtney Lee and Jeff Green the Celtics are looking to run.
- Joe Johnson believes the Nets can win the title this season.
New York Knicks:
- After an amazing Olympic Games, Carmelo Anthony is ready to try new things. “It’s time to trust my teammates”. Melo talked about not trying to score 35, 40 points every night and trying to get Amar’e Stoudemire in rhythm.
- Raymond Felton showed up in great shape. The Point Guard los 20+ pounds.
- “Young teams don’t win championships”, Mike Woodson.
- Knicks showed up with slightly different jerseys. The numbers appeared thicker and with a blue outline.
- Raptors are excited about Kyle Lowry. They hope Lowry can lead the team’s offense.
- Landry Fields worry the Raptors. They hope they can have the Fields that can hit an open shot rather than the missing open layups one.
- The Bulls announced Tom Thibadeau’s extension. The new contract is for 4 years, US$20M.
- Again, Luol Deng will skip wrist surgery. He believes he can play every game without it and doesn’t want to miss games recovering.
- Point Guard Derrick Rose said he is scared of cutting on his knee.
- Cavs added Justin Holiday to the training camp roster.
- Wine & Gold classic will happen on October 6th.
- “My hand is 100%”, said Kyrie Irving, ignoring what The Simpson said on “Homer at Bat”.
- Dion Waiters showed up in better shape.
- Terrance Williams and Jonny Flynn will be part of Detroit’s training camp.
- Pistons feel like they can get to the Playoffs this season.
- Will Bynum said he’s used to Lawrence Frank’s system.
- Paul George hopes to have an All-Star season.
- Frank Vogel will try to, again, use a 10 man rotation. The coach said it helped players rest last season.
- Luc Richard Mbah a Moute will miss training camp. He’ll keep resting his knee.
- “Nobody wants it to work”, said Brandon Jennings on a Jennings/Monta Ellis back court, but Milwaukee’s Point Guard promised they will sacrifice anything to win.
- Defense will be a priority for the Bucks.
- Isma’il Muhammad is a Hawk.
- Josh “The ATLien” Smith promised he will not shoot as many 3 pointers this year. The forward said he will be “mid range, shawty”.
- Devin Harris believes speed will be the secret behind the Hawks’ success.
- Mike Dunlap said no starting job is guaranteed.
- After a bad season, Tyrus Thomas hopes to get back on track.
- Dwyane Wade still experiencing problems with his knee. The franchise is worried about his health in the long-term.
- Chris Bosh will not try to add muscle to his frame. Bosh said he will never be able to bulk up.
- Often injured Rashard Lewis said he’s ready to show the Heat his range.
- James, oddly enough, loved the anti-flop rule.
- James hopes to spend more time in the post-up.
- Glen Davis said the Magic are like “a baby learning how to walk”.
- Al Harrington still no 100% after staph infection.
- Rebuilding is a forbidden word in Orlando.
- With John Wall’s injury, the Wizards announced Jannero Pargo.
- Brady Beal said Nenê is the biggest prankster in the team. “He hasn’t called me by my first name”, he added saying that the Brazilian Center calls him Rookie.
- Stephen Curry promised he will play the first game of the season.
- Brandon Rush hopes to be a started but is “OK” with coming of the bench
- Andrew Bogut may not play in the beginning of the season.
- Chauncey Billups is in the final stages of his recovery.
- “I used to hate Chris Paul. I used to hate playing against Chauncey Billups”, Lamar Odom, making friends.
- Blake Griffin is working on his mid range shot.
- Chris Douglas-Roberts will be a part of the Lakers’ training camp.
- “Lakers still MY team”, Kobe Bryant.
- Dwight Howard hopes to play in the season opener. Presents “Jeremy Lin figure” for his back. “I’m at 85%”.
- Suns hopes to change their playbook to add Luis Scola and Jermaine O’Neal. They hope to hove more plays in the paint.
- Michael Beasley is expected to commit to the team. Play defense and team ball.
- DeMarcus Cousins and Thomas Robinson hope to prove doubters wrong.
- Nuggets displayed their new uniforms. Heavily inspired by the old rainbow uniforms this ones miss the mark by a long shot. They’ll wear it 18 times, including the first games of the season.
- “I despise the Lakers”, coach George Karl.
- “I think we are the best team in the West”, Ty Lawson, from an alternate reality, apparently.
- Coach Rick Adelman said the Wolves will be a better team this season.
- Brandon Roy hopes he can show he learned that there is more pieces to a team than the stars.
- James Harden hopes to have an extension by the beginning of the season.
- Eric Maynor can get back to full contact practices.
- Only thing wrong with the Blazers’ new uniforms? Logo above PORTLAND makes it look busy. Otherwise, love it.
- Enes Kanter lost a bunch of weight.
- Paul Millsap believes the team is in the right direction.
- DJ Mbenga and Tu Holliday will be a part of Dallas’ training camp roster.
- Dirk Nowitzki sais he is in much better shape than last season.
- Rodrigue Beaubois is expected to take over Jason Kidd’s role.
- Houston needs Marcus Morris to be a Small Forward not a Power Forward and put behind his rookie season.
- Small ball will be the way to go.
- Chris Wallace believes this is the best team in the history of the franchise.
- Rudy Gay is talking revenge after being left out of Olympics roster.
- Eric Gordon Will not be ready for training camp. Expected to start the season.
- Tony Parker might still wear the goggles.
- Eddy Curry will be a part of San Antonio’s training camp roster.
- DaJuan Blair lost weight.
- Parker and Manu Ginobili are rested even after London 2012.